Sep 19, 2010

Ella: the good and bad news It has been a rather eventful week! Ella had a lot of new things happen. The good:She started crawling and pulling herself up



The Bad:
she had a bad allergic reaction to eggs... She is almost 1, so it is time to start her on some more solid foods. I have been pretty conservative with her because she barely got her first tooth (thus she is not able to chew a lot of things yet) and also because she had so many problems when she was first born, I am just even more careful in general. But I knew it was time to start introducing some new foods. Well, scrambled eggs it was... 20 minutes after I fed it to her she started breaking out in hives and her face started to swell up... scary. So I quickly called the doctor, gave her some Benadryl and we were off to the health center where she spent the next 4 hours being monitored. They had to give her a shot of adrenaline and some other meds and they got her calmed back down. it was pretty scary! So now she is going to the allergy doctor tomorrow to find out what exactly she can and can't have and also to find out what else she might be allergic too. Poor girl. Definitely no eggs for her the next little while!! Anyone have some good birthday cake recipes without egg??Since it was the first time she was eating a 'real' breakfast with her very own self feeding spoon, I did manage to document her eating the egg, but obviously I wasn't in a hurry to snap pictures of her during the allergic reaction, so here she is as she is still enjoying it. Can you believe she will be 1 this week?? WOW!




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I hope she isn't allergic to a lot of stuff. Poor girl. She looks so cute with her little piggy tails.

    ReplyDelete