Sep 13, 2010

Thought for the day I haven't usually shared here thoughts & words that have deeply touched me, but today I really want to share this quote I came across as I was reading the conference ensign from last April. This is in a talk given by Elder Neil L. Andersen titled "Tell me the stories of Jesus":
"We hold in our arms the rising generation. They come to this earth with important responsibilities and great spiritual capacities. We cannot be casual in how we prepare them. Our challenge as parents and teachers is not to create a spiritual core in their souls but rather to fan the flame of their spiritual core already aglow with the fire of their premortal faith."
This is counsel I really needed at this time in my life! I am so blessed to be a mother and this quote just sums up the enormous responsibility and blessing we have to raise children. Seriously, how could I not be happy with sweet faces like these? :)

1 comment: