Well, it took me 42 minutes, but I finished and was able to run the whole way (or you could say a very slow jog... but running makes me feel a little better! haha) Andrew stayed by my side the whole way and was my own private motivational speaker the whole way! What a trooper. It was of course a cake walk for him, and after the race informed me he hadn't even broken a sweat :) At least he was wise enough not to tell me that AS i was running.Here is an exhausted but happy me after I finished:
My face was that bright shade of red for a couple of hours :) So what an amazing experience it was. I am so glad I can check that off my list of things to do before I die now :) I am not quite sure if I am ready to say that I will ever do that again, but it was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. Especially since my whole life I have felt that because of my heart I haven't been able to keep up like the other kids did. I am grateful for the blessings of the Word of Wisdom, that state that we will be able to 'run and not be weary'. Well, I definitly was weary, but you know what I mean. Also a big thank you to my dear husband and friend Amy for all your motivation and support.
Marissa you did great!! And we WILL run another 5K and love it!!
ReplyDeleteOh Marissa, way to go! We need to get together and catch up. Can you believe it's been something like 10 years?
ReplyDeleteWay to go Marissa. I hate running, so I feel your pain. Way to be supportive Andrew. We love you guys.
ReplyDeleteDude! You are awesome!! Did I know you have a pacemaker? I don't think I did. Which makes this victory an even better one! I wish I would have known about that free 5K, I would have done it too! I am NOT a runner, I bike, but I think I could do a 5K without dying... I have the Utah vally century ride with Saturday, and I'm trying to get pumped for 111 miles...we'll see if I make it.
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I'm impressed. I can totally relate to where you're coming from because I haven't been able to run since I had cancer in my leg. Maybe someday I'll be strong enough to do a 5K. That was sweet of Andrew to help you. By the way, we haven't seen you in forever! Hopefully soon...
ReplyDelete