Apr 5, 2010

Easter weekend
This was a very nice, relaxing, and much needed Easter weekend. We had a lot of different things planned and had a fun time doing all of them. On Thursday we went to our ward's playgroup and we did an Easter egg hunt there, it was a lot of fun. Thank you Gina for always hosting such a fun playgroup. Benson didn't want to do it at first, but then he warmed up to it:
Then as we got set to walk back home, to our big surprise, it was snowing! Why a surprise? Well maybe because it is APRIL!! argh.... Well, later that day the sun decided to come out, but it stayed cool all of Easter weekend. Andrew wasn't too happy about this gloomy weather forecast, since he was hoping to open the spring season with some golf... oh well. We headed up to my parents house, and Andrew & Benson stopped at thanksgiving point to go to Dinosaur museum with my brother and his daughter Kylee. Benson apparently didn't enjoy the dark rooms and growling dinosaurs... but enjoyed the rest of the tour :) We had a really nice time up in Ogden. My brother is home so it was nice to spend time with him and his family. It is always fun to see the cousins play together. My dad, Andrew and I also had the chance to go the temple to do baptisms and confirmations for my Dutch ancestors, which was really special. I love the temple and am grateful to always live so close by one.
Then, let the Easter egg hunts begin! On Saturday morning my sister in law Kate invited us to go with them to the annual Kaysville Easter egg hunt at Barnes park. It was pure madness and all the eggs were gone in 1 minute, but nonetheless it was a lot of fun for the kids.
Phew, almost done :) I think we did a total of 3 egg hunts before the weekend was over! On Saturday and Sunday we of course loved watching general conference and hear the inspired words from our prophet, apostles and other leaders. it was extremely edifying and put everything back in perspective for me. I know what I need to work on and am grateful for inspired counsel. Also, our Ella had her own little milestone, she is now sitting up (somewhat). Cute!
Then in between sessions we colored eggs and the men got all dressed up for Prietshood session:

The only downside to the weekend (besides the nasty weather) was that I had a fluke sickness that started on Saturday evening... out of nowhere I came down with a fever, the chills and a sore throat. Pretty random! But luckily the fever came and went and though I feel a bit weak, am getting better. Nothing is worse than not having an appetite on Easter! Oh well. Nonetheless, the show must go on and we did our last egg hunt at the house, after 3 hunts Benson was figuring out how it was done.
After the morning session of conference we headed back down to Utah Valley and stopped in at Grandma and Granpa Glaziers to watch the last session and have an Easter dinner. It was a real nice time and it was good to also see Andrew's family.
And that was our Easter weekend! Lots of fun, relaxing and uplifting. We hope all of yours was the same.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!! I'm glad you guys had a good Easter. I'm glad you guys come to play group, we enjoy having you.

    ReplyDelete