Halloween (For real. With the Blom-family side)
Yes, I finally reached the blogging milestone of Halloween. I had to take a little hiatus from blogging, because my blog said I had reached my max storage capacity (sigh). So after leaving the site alone for about a month, blogger must have been scared it was losing my cute blog (who wouldn't right? :) and gave me 4 more GB of storage. So long story short, we are back in business :)Back to Halloween (got some catching up to do folks). It was a blast. Let me start by saying it was the warmest Halloween to date on record. Almost 80 F. Wow, that was such a pleasant surprise! I have never really quite understand why people trick or treat in rain, snow and the bitter cold for some candy. I guess only a kid would understand. So, first stop was my sister-in-law's mother's church trunk or treat. We have done this one a few times now, and it has always been fun.
Our 2012 family halloween picture. I like how it turned out. We decided that next year Andrew and I need to start dressing up, even if it is just simply.
After we headed to my sisters house to enjoy a yummy halloween dinner, with lots of 'creepy' themed food like snot soup (pea soup) and brain mold jell-o. Then, trick or treating we went. Karsten had had it after about an hour, so I headed back to the house with him. But all in all, we had a great time and teh kids loved it. And, I still can't allow myself to let me kids eat all their Halloween candy. Bad, I know. I admit it, I find many reasons to take their candy away, just so they don't gourge themselves (Sorry kids, when you read this when you grow up, forgive me!)
Lastly, Sander was pretty stoked for his first American Halloween. At first I didn't know how he decorated his house, until I was driving away in the car and caught a far away view. It was so clever!
Then, the following morning after Benson went to preschool, Ella was very excited about all her candy. And in true girl fashion, to celebrate, she arranged a beautiful rainbow out of all her candy! So cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment