Father & Son's campout
A few weeks ago our ward had their annual ward camp out. But since the campground was a few hours away, and Andrew had work, we decided to do it up at my mom's house in Ogden and invite Benson's cousin Max to join them. Benson has been wanting to go camping ever since we took our camping trip for my birthday. So the boys were thrilled when we told them our idea, and Andrew was a great trooper agreeing to sleep with them in the tent (note: he does not like camping). I am very grateful for a husband who will spend time with his family even when it is with activities that are not his favorite. We started off the evening setting up tents while the boys played in the backyard. They were so excited.
After the tent was set up we roasted marshmallows. While Opa and Andrew were starting the fire in the firepit, Oma asked the boys to tell a story. I wish I had recorded it. They both told some really good, well thought out stories about camping, monsters and dragons. I don't think I had ever really heard Benson tell a story all by himself. It was darling.
starting the fire. Andrew was proud since he was able to start the fire without any lighter fluid! That's my eagle scout :)
Burnt marshmallow
Then it was bed time. We sat in the backyard to wait until the boys fell asleep, but the novelty of the tent was too enticing and by 10 pm they were still running around in the tent. So Andrew decided to call it a night. He brought his laptop into the tent, put on a Disney movie, and within 10 minutes they were both asleep. It was a long night for Andrew but they had a lot of fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment