Apr 9, 2012

Happy Easter
 We had a lovely weekend celebrating Easter. I am grateful we have a holiday to remember and celebrate the resurrection of our beloved Savior Jesus Christ. It is no accident that we celebrate this event at the beginning of spring. The beauty and warmth of the spring weather always reminds me of the a new beginning and life that Christ also offers us. We also enjoyed spending time with our families. On Saturday we went up to my parents house and all spent a lovely day together doing an easter egg hunt, decorating cookies and sitting around in the yard watching all the kiddo's play together. I forget in the winter just how much I love being outside in the sunshine. It is always very therapeutic for me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



On Easter morning we lined up the kiddos by the front room and gave them their Easter baskets. Because they already had an overload of candy the day before, I opted for one small chocolate Easter bunny and fun little gifts to fill their baskets. They loved it of course. They also got a big box of train tracks that I found at a yard sale the week before, which Benson loved. It was fun!
 
 
 
 
 
 

After breakfast we talked about the real meaning of Easter and showed the kids a little Easter video. then we went to church, which was wonderful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment