October
Fall is my new favorite season. Maybe because all my fondest childhood memories happened in these months with all the wonderful holidays that occur from Sept. through Dec. Or maybe because the weather has been so beautiful this month. Or maybe because all, yes all, birthdays, anniversaries & it seems holidays in our little family fall between August and February. Whatever the reason, I am loving this moment in our lives right now. This month has also brought its challenges, but part of me has never felt happier. (More than anything probably because of these two :)
This month of course is all about the pumpkins! I really feel like this is the first year the kids are really starting to get the whole Halloween idea, without us just trying to get them to do it. We took them and Aunt Vicki to a local pumpkin patch. It was fabulous, probably the best one I have been to. Main reason because it was free to enter. It was a local family run pumpkin farm. You could pick your own pumpkin (which were very decently priced), there was a free wagon ride for the kids, a free corn maze and oodles of tractors for the kids to climb on. And even your own wheelbarrow to gather your pumpkins in. In short, a blast for kids, and we walked out of there only paying $5 for 3 pumpkins. Score right? I know, these are the kinds of things that I get a kick out of :) Salt Lake really has many good things to offer, that's what I love about living in this area. Ok ok, enough of me talking. Here are the pictures. Ella & Benson both decided independently in September to be scared of pumpkins, but after a little getting used to them they are much better now!
And there's nothing better after a long fun filled day than sitting on the couch and eating some ice cream with your favorite great-aunt!
This month has also been the month of weird illnesses. Ella and Benson both a weird 24 hour bug on Friday that gave them a fever & Benson threw up a few times... but the next day they were fine. Go figure right? We almost cancelled our (much needed and long planned) date to stay home with the sick kiddos (I know, better parents probably would have), but they were in such wonderful capable hand with Greg & Kandis that our need for some couple time won out! But not before daddy got some good snuggle time in with the kids.
I can't write this post about October without adding the most consistent part of our lives these past 5 years: The beginning of basketball season. Yes, it is upon us again! Andrew coached his first game a few weekends ago and the kids and I went to see him in action (we only lasted about 10 minutes, the seating wasn't very good and the kids were tired, but hey, it was fun nonetheless). Go Coach May!
Other fun parts about this month have been spending some time with my family and my brother who is home from work for a few weeks. We celebrated thanksgiving with all of them over the weekend which was a blast. But.... we somehow didn't take any pictures (I know, very uncharacteristic). Then tonight was part 2 of our pumpkin patch adventure. We carved/colored our pumpkins for FHE, and the kids really enjoyed it (and so did Andrew :) I was SO proud of Benson, he drew his first FACE on his pumpkin! I had no clue he could draw that. It made me a very proud mama. And Ella enjoyed dressing up her pumpkin girly style. Andrew wanted a, let's say, nicer pumpkin design this year so he drew a girl pumpkin. Haha. It's pretty cute. I supervised and documented the moment for future generations of course, hard work too :)
My men concentrating hard on their work :)
And.... they were all done in this picture :) Off to bed! So that's a recap of October so far. More Halloween to come of course. We are going back down to Orem to celebrate it with Andrew's family so we are looking forward to that. Stay tuned for cute costumes!

No comments:
Post a Comment