Braving the Outdoors
I often feel so trapped inside in these cold Utah winter months. I know, I have become somewhat of a wuss when i think back about my days growing up in Holland where I would bike to school no matter what freezing weather was blowing in my face! So I am happy to report that this last week we have ventured outside (given it were the warmer days) a few times and done some fun activities.Last week the UT Hogle Zoo had a free admission day. They do this once a month in the winter to encourage attendance in this cold time of year. My Mom, sister in law and best friend with their kiddos joined us as well.
Benson and Kylee are like best buds, they held hands every time we walked to the next animals! so cute
Ella showing off her standing skills :) She is taking a few more steps every day! Benson has been fascinated with bugs lately.
Ella, on the other hand, is a bit obsessed with duckies. every animal we saw was either a 'duck' or a 'cow'
Yesterday we took our second field trip outside to the neighborhood park. But I can't be too brave about this trip, since the weather was the warmest it has been all season. It was wonderful! We played at the park for probably two hours. I taught Benson how to swing on a big boy swing and Ella was very cautious about exploring the playground on her own.
aw looks like you guys had such a good time! I miss those kiddos, all 4 of them, so much! Good for you for being brave :)
ReplyDeletex Karina