May 26, 2010

Back home!
Some of you may be wondering why there hasn't been a post in a while.... well, I forgot to mention that our camera accidentally was, well should we say, 'washed' in Chile :) (notice the passive voice in this sentence.... yes, it was ME who washed the camera!!!) I threw my jacket in to be washed, and an hour later wondered where my camera was... I found it at the bottom of the washer as it was rinsing... soaked and needless to say not working. But this was about a week into our trip, so I was equally worried about losing all the pictures we had taken so far. Miraculously the SD card was intact and so were all of my pictures. Phew. So anyways, that is why I haven't been posting much since we got home. Our replacement camera runs on batteries (the one I washed had its own rechargeable battery), so I have been out of batteries for a while. I finally went to the store and bought some yesterday until we can afford to buy another, nicer camera.So here are a few pictures of the last week and a half that I took on my cell phone!
When we got back I of course had nothing in the house, so the kids and I took a trip to Costco to stock up on baby formula and some other things. I thought this was so cute, because this is the first time Ella sat in a cart and not in her car seat in her cart. And you gotta love these double seater carts at Costco, so cute! They actually were very nice to each other, I was impressed. But Benson got a little upset when Ella tried to take his goldfishes from him a couple of times :) He is learning to share!
Then On Saturday Eric and Lindsy came over to help us with our overgrown yard. 3 weeks of no yard work and nicer weather did not make for a pretty sight when we got home. Luckily our wonderful neighbors mowed the front lawn for us while we were gone (thank you!!). Also, to our surprise, someone fixed our fence in the backyard. We later found out it was our other neighbor. Our fence had fallen over during the winter and it was leaning on his property... oops! Well he was nice enough to put it back up for us. Here is a picture of Ella looking stylish as we were doing yard work, and then during a little break Benson went for his first bike ride with Aunt Lindsy and then some other random pictures I took:

 Ah, little girls are so cute, especially when they LOVE to pose like mine does! How could I resist?? She is already becoming quite the young lady. Lately she especially loves playing with her big brother. She giggles up a storm when he pushes her in the swing or when he splashes water on her in the bath tub. It is so fun to see these two starting to play (nicely, i should add) together. Andrew and I have been doing the usual catching up after a vacation and are getting back into the groove of things. We miss our Chile family, but we had such a wonderful time being there and feel so  blessed to have them serving the Lord. We love you! We were glad to have Andrew's aunt Vicki and uncle Jerry arrive for the summer (they bought a house in Provo) and look forward to spending many fun times with them. And then Greg will be home from his mission beginning of July. Should be a wonderful summer! Now if we could just get some summer weather to match it????

No comments:

Post a Comment