Mar 21, 2012

Potty training Ella
  I admit, this is one of my least favorite parts of having children... but as with anything, you suck it up and get it done! And I am always so glad when it is DONE! I decided it was time to potty train Ella when she told me she had a poop in her pants (diaper)... I must be insane to start potty training with a newborn baby around. really, how do I have time do anything else? But alas, you make time! And I was sick of buying diapers! She actually has done pretty well. She woke up dry the second morning after I started. a friend of mine suggested that when you potty train, do it all the way and don't put a diaper back on. I know there are many different techniques and all of them I am sure have worked for someone, but this one just fits my personality. I am kind of an all or nothing person I guess :) So we went to walmart, boughts treats, stickers and underwear, came home and retired the diapers. Those first few days I always wonder why I ever started. But I was diligent and didn't give up. I put her on the potty every 10 minutes and she got the hang of it. I am really proud of her. She is pretty attached to her pink potty, and she hasn't gone on a real toilet yet, so that is our next hurdle to jump. Here are some cute pictures of her:
 She wanted her favorite bear to join her!


 

I also gave her a haircut the other day to try and even her thin hair out! I think it turned out pretty cute.

Then lastly, since this post is all about Ella, I thought she was taking quiet time in her room yesterday, when she had secretly grabbed all my make-up and face cream and decided to give her horse a make-over. I admit, I tried not to laugh, but it was funny :) Oh little girls, they are so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment