Oct 11, 2011

Love this Boy
Benson started back at preschool today. Though the house is a little quieter 6 hours a week, I still find myself missing him while he is at school! We are grateful that he qualified for the local preschool at our elementary school right by our new apartment.

Today has once again led me to ponder that raising these extraordinary children has been my greatest blessing and source of joy, as an extension from the joy I receive from being married to my sweetheart Andrew forever. Life just seems to keep getting better and happier because my love for them grows deeper every day (note- not worry or trial free :). I would not trade marriage and starting our family for any of the world's fortunes.I was reminded of this sweet blessing as I listened to general conference last week, where Elder Anderson gave a wonderful talk about the blessings of having children. This is my favorite quote from his talk (thank you, Marilee, for reminding me he spoke these words) "Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in.  It is what God gave you time for.
 Yes, raising children is the hardest thing I have ever endeavored to do. And thinking about soon having more children that arms to carry them is daunting and overwhelming, I cannot wait to once again be connected to the divine and welcome yet another angel and perfect child into our home to teach me how to somehow overcome all my many imperfections to be worthy to live forever with them someday. So here is to celebrating marriage, family and children the Lord's way. Besides from God giving his Son for us all, being able to have a family here on earth is the greatest way I feel He shows His love and mercy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment