Checking back in from West Valley!
2 weeks after the big move I finally feel like things have settled down a bit and we are getting in a routine in our new place. Almost all the boxes are unpacked, and there were a lot of them! I thought I would share a few pictures & adventures of our new place. We absolutely LOVE our new apartment and feel so blessed to have found a place with so much space. It has more storage than I know what to do with :) But that isn't a bad thing. Here is a picture of the living room. Our landlord upstairs is an electrician and one of his clients gave him that big screen TV, so he is letting us use it while we live here. The Direct TV is also included in our rent so for the first time in our married life we can actually watch sports, movies, and whatever other channel in our own house (I think Andrew was most excited about being able to watch sports from his own couch haha).
The kids have adjusted well to their new rooms. It ended up that Benson got the biggest bedroom, and we also got him his first twin size bed. He loves sleeping in his big boy bed.
Ella's room is down our hallway and it too is starting to look pretty cute. She is currently napping so I can't snag a picture of it while I am writing this.So, here is a picture of our kitchen. I bought this kitchen furniture a few months before we moved, hoping it would fit wherever we would move, and luckily it fit perfectly! I really like how it turned out. We don't have a dishwasher, so we do dishes by hand, which really isn't so bad.
So our house is starting to feel like a home. It is nice to have our own space after moving around and living with family here and there. Andrew is busy at his new job at Salt Lake Community College and is really happy to back at work coaching basketball. We have gone to our new church ward a few weeks now and the people have been really nice. We look forward to getting callings and getting to know some more people.Besides unpacking, I have been busy getting signed up the the local county library and have been searching all over for some fun parks for the kids to play in. This was harder than I thought it would be, but I finally found the perfect, fun, clean, safe and quiet park just the next neighbourhood over from us. Benson and Ella love it, so that means it is a hit!
We have had a few visitors that we were very glad to see. We are now about the same amount of time away from my and Andrew's parents, which is about 45 minutes in opposite directions. We miss being able to see family at the drop of a hat, but it still nice to be in driving distance. The other day my sister in law and mom came over for dinner and afterwards we went to the historic wheeler farm park (it is fabolous!!) where Kate attempted to take Ella's 2 year birthday pictures (yes, that is coming up at the end of the month, can you believe it, my baby is turning 2???). We got some really cute ones! As with any 2 year old it is hard getting them to sit still and smile, but I am very happy with the pictures. This park has lots fun things for framilies and children, like animals, play houses and trees, activities, barns etc. all for free. The cousings loved playing together. Here is a small sampling of pictures:
So that is what we have been up to! Anyone coming up to Salt Lake feel free to drop by and see us anytime!
Great Place!!
ReplyDeleteYour place looks really nice and the pictures of Ella are so cute. It was fun to see you guys again yesterday! Glad you're doing well...
ReplyDelete