Apr 23, 2011

Graduation, or I should say "Commencement"

 I admit, there were some days where I felt like this day was never going to come, but we are done with school!!! When Andrew and I met in 2006, Andrew was starting the second half of his freshman year and I started my junior year at BYU. Now 5 years later we are both finally done and ready to grow up and enter the real working world. It is a very exciting time for our little family.Andrew jokes that I can call him 'Master' now :) But seriously, he is one extraordinary man (which of course is why I married him). So this week we celebrated all his great accomplishments, but most importantly we celebrate the wonderful person he is. He is my personal hero, and I don't say that lightly. Before I get all mushy here, I will move on to the pictures!We picked up his cap and gown the day before, and went over to take our pictures by the BYU sign right away, since there are too many people doing the same thing on graduation day.
On graduation day, we got ready to go the ceremony. My parents were a big help & support all weekend.Lindsy, our sister in law, was also graduating with her bachelors degree in Psychology (congrats!!!) so it was a double celebration all day. When we weren't looking, Benson grabbed Lindsy's cap and paraded around with it, it was funny:
 
We took a few pictures at the house and right before the processional when they walk to the Marriott center. Andrew got a new watch and wallet for graduation
 
 

 
 
I you look close Andrew is in the middle of this picture with a black gown and yellow collar. He was listening attentively. Elder Scott gave a wonderful speech:
Here is a group picture of graduates + spouses:
 After the ceremony we came back home, where my other sister in law was watching her and my kids during the ceremony so we didn't have to wrestle the kids while we were at grduation, BLESS HER HEART!! That was such a blessing! thank you Kate. These cousins always love playing with each other. Opa volunteered to make Dutch pancakes for our celebration dinner and they were yummy!
 
 
 
The next day, Friday, was convocation, where Andrew walked with his school of Life Sciences and received his diploma cover. He was lucky enough to be first in line to receive his diploma, so that was special. The kids behaved very well for the ceremony, I must say!
 
 
 
 
And here are the final group shots afterwards. Can't have enough have those right? I love the one with Andrew holding the children! so sweet.
 
 
We went to My Ranchito restaurant for lunch after to close a week filled with celebration:
 
Our hearts are filled with gratitude for the education we received at BYU, and the many, many other blessings we have received from attending here, including Andrew's internship with the BYU basketball team. This place will always hold a special place in our hearts.Some of you may wonder why not many of andrew's family is in these pictures, but they were there in spirit! His parents and sister are finishing up their mission Chile, and 2 of Andrew's brothers went down to Chile the day before graduation to visit them and to introduce the newest future Mrs. May, Greg's fiancee Kandis. As they were leaving for the aiport I snapped a picture of them as part of the celebration. We love all of them dearly also, and are grateful for all the sacrifices both our families have given to make our time at BYU a success. We love you!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment