27 ... have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven (...)? 29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; 37 (...) for it is by faith that miracles are wrought; (...).
Today Andrew and I took Ella back to the hospital to have her heart checked. Many of you may know that Ella had some health problems shortly after she was born 3 months ago. When she was 2 days old we brought her home, and that night we found her in her bed not breathing. We called 911 and ended up back in the hospital with her for a week. She was diagnosed with sleep apnea, acid reflux, rhino virus, low oxygen levels and a hole in her heart. As you can imagine, this was a very trying time for our family. Ella received a priesthood blessing in the hospital and many, many people exercised their faith and prayers in her behalf. Andrew and I were pushed to the edge of our faith, and when I felt that mine had run out, the faith of other people and the mercy of our Heavenly Father filled in the rest. Ella was promised health and healing, and one by one all her problems have all completely gone away. Today was the last of her health concerns that we were following up on, and probably her most serious one. I also have a heart problem, so we were very concerned about her little heart. But the doctor checked her out today with a heart echo and an ECG, and the doctor said her heart is 'normal' and the hole has closed. I am writing today to add my witness to the scripture I opened this post with. God is a God of miracles in our day and he has not ceased to work on earth according to our faith. It is because of faith, prayer and the skill of all the health care professionals that our daughter was literally healed from all her health problems. This experience has taught me a lot, some lessons too sacred to share, but I can tell you that I know that the Lord is aware of all His children and He works in mysterious ways to teach us about all we need to know to grow and become more like His son. I know now a little better that the power of the atonement is real and that Christ not only suffered for our sins, but also for all our infirmities, pains and sicknesses and that He offers perfect healing. I am grateful that in our case, that healing came here on earth in a physical form to our precious daughter. Here is a picture of Ella right after we heard the good news and with a happy, relieved father:
We are so happy and thankful for those miracles.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy all is well with her little heart. Sawyer had a little heart problem when he was first born (his PDA wasn't close and he had a murmer). And with many prayers he was healed as well and his heart looks fine. I as well am thankful for miracles.
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing! Miracles really do happen.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Ella has healed from all her health problems and you guys can put that behind you. I can't imagine what a scary time that must have been for you. But you are so strong and I appreciate your testimony. I'm glad you could experience those miracles even if it came with many trials.
ReplyDelete